About Me

My photo
Assalamualaikum Warahmatullah! Salam Sejahtera! Selamat Datang! Welcome to the blog “to love is to share”. You are set to connect with knowledge informations, articles, jokes, more and more blogs, etc, so for the meanwhile, do enjoy your visit. And if you have to go, don't forget to come back again. Lets we all, exclusively communicate, share, and discover interest for pleasure, funs and own benefits.. *** Sesungguhnya aku menulis bukan kerana nama, tetapi sekadar ingin berkongsi. Dan apa yang baik yang aku fikirkan, mungkin tidak pulak bagi pengunjungku. Oleh itu, aku mohon maaf dan aku tidak bertanggungjawab atas sebarang salah laku maupun sebarang kesulitan yang timbul akibat mengikuti apa yang aku kongsikan. Terima Kasih.. Sanggar Bayu I Say, What You Know Shapes Where You Go..

Saturday, July 24

THE BRIDGE

Salaam guys, read on and enjoy.. thanks.




Once upon a time two brothers who lived on
adjoining farms fell into conflict. It was the first serious rift in 30
years of living side by side, sharing machinery, and trading labor and goods
as needed without a hitch. Then the long collaboration fell apart. It began
with a small misunderstanding and it grew into a major difference, and
finally it exploded into an exchange of bitter words followed by weeks of
silence.



One morning there was a knock on the older brothers door. He opened it to
find a man with a carpenter's toolbox. "I'm looking for a few days work" he
said. "Perhaps you would have a few small jobs here and there. Could I help
you?"

"Yes," said the older brother. "I do have a job for you. Look across the
creek at that farm. That's my neighbor, in fact, it's my younger brother.
Last week there was a meadow between us and he took his bulldozer to the
river levee and now there is a creek between us. Well, he may have done this
to spite me, but I'll go him one better. See that pile of lumber curing by
the barn? I want you to build me a fence -- an 8-foot fence -- so I won't
need to see his place anymore. Cool him down, anyhow."

The carpenter said, "I think I understand the situation. Show me the nails
and the post-hole digger and I'll be able to do a job that pleases you." The
older brother had to go to town for supplies, so he helped the carpenter get
the materials ready and then he was off for the day.


About sunset when the farmer returned, the carpenter had just finished his
job. The farmer's eyes opened wide, his jaw dropped. There was no fence
there at all. It was a bridge -- a bridge stretching from one side of the
creek to the other! A fine piece of work, handrails and all -- and the
neighbor, his younger brother, was coming across, his hand outstretched.

"You are quite a fellow to build this bridge after all I've said and done."


The two brothers met at the middle of the bridge, embracing one another.
They turned to see the carpenter hoist his toolbox on his shoulder. "No,
wait! Stay a few days. I've a lot of other projects for you," said the older
brother.


"I'd love to stay on," the carpenter said, "but I have so many more bridges
to build."







The Story remind's us that many (although not all) of our conflicts are reconcilable. Often egos take over, and we forget what even caused the conflict in the first place. If you were sincere friends with someone before, maybe you should rethink the situation. In abusive or truly hostile situations, often the healthiest thing is distance from the other.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment..

Related Posts with Thumbnails

View this Blog's as well